Remember that seminars, workshops and coaching don’t provide instant gratification. No matter how much great advice you get, you still have to implement them, take massive action and put in the time, money, focus, and energy. The daily challenges of being an entrepreneur don’t go away simply because you are paying someone for advice. It is a journey. It will take time.
Learning a marketing or sales tactic that you are not ready to apply will cost you money, time and energy. You might get so swept up in the moment that you will grab any and every business opportunity but it might not bring you maximum personal and business fulfillment or be in alignment with your ultimate goals.
Seminars and workshops should help you to achieve your life dreams, find personal and business satisfaction. When the amount and type of seminars/coaching you have taken on becomes a drain on your time, energy and bank account instead of uplifting you take a break and re-evaluate.
Symptoms of seminar overdose
- Signing up for lots of different types of seminars/coaching
- Signing up for any and every seminar (business, life, wealth, trading, book writing)
- Information overload causing you to achieve very little from any of the seminars
- Often giving in to a high pressure ’buy now’ sale tactic
- Signing up on the spot without thinking things through
- Not 100% that signing up for a specific seminars even fits in with your overall life and business goal
- Not having enough time, money or energy for actually implementing what you are learning
- You are so busy learning and paying for different seminars that you are not working on your business
- Not really achieving your goals in spite of all the money being spent and information you are taking in
- Forgetting what you are actually trying to achieve with your life and business
Is It time for a detox? I would love to hear about your seminar experiences!
PS.Look out for my next blog in my Seminar Junkie Series?